When you’re planning a corporate event in Boston, one of the main objectives is to impress, and one of the best ways to achieve that is to provide attendees and guests with access to something exclusive. One Boston’s most unique corporate event spaces is WGBH Studios. The home of some of public television’s most beloved shows, the studio’s slogan is “Produced in Boston, shared with the world.” Entry into the WGBH Studios allows guests to walk the grounds on which shows like Frontline and This Old House are produced.
Whether it’s a business meeting, corporate dinner or reception event, WGBH Studios has a unique option, and they’ve opened their doors to The Catered Affair to provide our delightful and memorable catering services. Event fees support WGBH’s programming initiatives, which makes the location a perfect option for public radio and TV supporters, and the building is LEED-certified by the US Green Building Council, which makes it an environmentally-friendly option.
The WGBH Studios provide versatile options for events of any size and style, including:
- Metcalf Lobby: This large, glass and steel lobby provides a modern entrance and memorable first impression for your guests. The lobby is perfect for check-ins and welcomes.
- Yawkey Atrium: This soaring lobby accommodates up to 350 for cocktails or 200 for a seated dinner. Interesting architectural details include the egg-shaped entrance to the adjacent Yawkey Theater, a glass footbridge and textured metal walls. Floor-to-ceiling windows flood the space with light during the day. The flexible space is enhanced with lighting and other decor.
- Yawkey Theater: For events that feature a film screening or other presentation, there are few venues in Boston that rival the Yawkey Theater. It’s no surprise that WGBH Studios would house a state-of-the-art theater, but Yawkey will truly wow your guests. It is egg-shaped and has 208 seats with ample leg room. Showcase content on an HD projector and huge screen with the best in surround sound.
- Calderwood Studio: For a true “behind the scenes” event, host a reception in the Calderwood Studio. Guests can dine in the main studio of “Hollywood on the Charles,” walking the very ground where their favorites are produced. At 4,500 square feet, the studio accommodates 400 for cocktails or 240 for a seated dinner (and can be combined with the Yawkey Theater for a 500-person capacity). Its endless lighting options include a customizable floor.
- Fraser Performance Studio: Sound and radio buffs will love hosting an event in this room; it was designed by noted architects and acoustic designers to record the many live performances for WGBH Radio. The intimate space exudes warmth with a wood floor and interesting acoustic features; natural light floods through a window that also features a blackout shade that can be drawn for a different feel.
- Executive Boardrooms and Terraces: If you’re seeking to bring guests together for a meeting or brainstorm, you can impress them with WGBH’s boardrooms and conference rooms while still impressing them with access to the studios. The suite of spaces features a variety of different sized rooms, all with warm maple paneling and floor-to-ceiling windows.
For those seeking to host a corporate event, client meeting or party in Boston that will leave a solid, lasting impression, few spaces are more exclusive than WGBH Studios. The Catered Affair can help you plan an event with once-in-a-lifetime access to this revered and storied public broadcasting station and provide menu options that are rivaled only by the uniqueness of the space you’ll be serving them in. Contact us today for more information.