Are you the type of person who’s known for always finding the hidden gem? The one who knows where to get the best of everything at the spots that no one else knew existed? If so, one of Boston’s best-kept secrets, The Courtyard Restaurant at the Boston Public Libary in Copley Square, should absolutely be added to your list.
At The Courtyard, every afternoon is a celebration. Our unique luncheon menu and elegant afternoon tea provides visitors and diners with an oasis in the city, right in the heart of the beautiful Boston Public Library. Overlooking the library’s Italianate courtyard, the restaurant features a seasonal menu showcasing the region’s freshest meat and produce and an afternoon tea that delights with sweet and savory treats. Lunch or tea at The Courtyard Restaurant is an impressive affair. Its location in the city’s largest library gives it an air of exclusivity and every detail is attended to in both food and service.
Lunch menu items include:
- Fresh fruit juice sparklers
- Regularly changing Appetizers such as Seared Ahi Tuna over a Carrot Ribbon Salad or a Wood-Grilled Flatbread Pizza featuring Goat Cheese and Beets
- Fresh Entrees rotating seasonally
- Delicious Desserts selected from our Dessert Trolley Cart
If you prefer lighter fare, consider the restaurant’s traditional afternoon tea–an elegant tradition enjoyed in the most unique setting in Boston. The tea menu includes:
- A selection of tea sandwiches such as Smoked Salmon Butter Canapes, Apricot Chicken Salad, Turkey & Earl Grey Butter on Marble Rye or Lobster with Chive Cream Cheese on Mini Lemon Butter Crust Buns
- A traditional array of scones with marmalade and Devonshire Double Cream
- Sweet treats like Fresh Fruit Tartlets, Macarons or Chocolate Sinclairs
- A selection of premium loose leaf teas
And of course, for those celebrating a special occasion or simply looking for a bit of extra indulgence in the afternoon, enjoy a glass of champagne or signature cocktail at The Courtyard Restaurant with your tea or lunch.
The Courtyard Restaurant at Copley Square’s Boston Public Library serves lunch from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm on Monday through Friday and features tea from 2 pm to 4 pm Wednesday through Friday. For reservations or more information, call 617.859.2251.