Invitation Address and Time
- The address to use for your invitations is 230 Dartmouth Street (sometimes we suggest adding Copley Square as well). This will direct guests to the entrance of the McKim Building and not the main address on Boylston Street.
- If your ceremony is on site, the time on the invitation should be the start time of your event. For example, if you have rented the space from 7:00 – 12:00 your ceremony would be at 7:00 PM and we will open doors at 6:45.
Lighting and AV
- The library does not have any in-house AV or lighting, and all of these would be brought in through an outside vendor. Keep in mind when talking with vendors if you will need AV for your ceremony, and also if your event’s dancing is in a different space than your dinner reception if additional AV will be needed for toasts during dinner. Also, keep in mind sunset for your ceremony and if additional lighting is recommended.
- You are welcome to bring in any properly licensed and insured vendor that you would like, however your Event Producer can certainly give you recommendations on our preferred wedding and event professionals. Vendors must follow the BPL guidelines for delivery, set up and clean up.
First Look & Photography
- The BPL offers use of the space prior to your guest arrival for photos. The earliest that you can arrive is at 5:30 PM and this is limited to the Wedding Party and immediate family.
- A room will be available to you during your event to keep personal items, hold the wedding party before the ceremony, do touch-ups or just escape! This space is only available once you arrive at the library and not throughout the day, and does not have a private rest room attached.
Just a Reminder
- No flame of any kind, sap producing trees, confetti, rice, flower petals, balloons, sand, glitter, dogs or sparklers of any kind are allowed inside or outside the facility. Please refer to the BPLs acceptable use policies and special event procedures for additional rules for use of this historic building.